Grab a BIKETOWN bike at SW Naito at Ankeny and ride South along the trail.
- You’ll pass the the sternwheeler Portland docked on the waterfront, home of the Oregon Maritime Museum
- The Waterfront Park Trail turns into SW Harbor Way
- Follow it as it becomes SW Harbor Viaduct and merges into SW Moody Avenue
- You’ll find yourself at the base of the Portland Aerial Tram
- Leave your bike at our southernmost station and take the 8-minute roundtrip Aerial Tram for the best views of Portland
The total distance of the Waterfront Park Trail ride is about 2 miles, which takes most people about 15 minutes on a BIKETOWN bike.
You get 180 minutes of cumulative ride time with a BIKETOWN Day Pass, and if you want to ride longer, it's only an extra 10 cents per minute. So if you want to take a longer ride, consider heading back North and turning right onto the beautiful new Tilikum Crossing bridge across the Willamette River. There you can pick up the Vera Katz Eastbank Esplanade for a scenic ride up the East Side of the river.
If it's a Saturday or Sunday (March through December), you'll be starting your ride at the bustling Portland Saturday Market – take a look at the crafts or grab a snack from the food carts before hitting the trail.